The Shop Foreman will lead, mentor, and manage service shop personnel to ensure that an exceptional level of customer service is achieved by completing all jobs within the time frame promised as efficiently as possible. This person will regularly assist management with the development of technicians through On-The-Job Training.
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assigns work in a productive manner to achieve quality repairs and ensure that promised estimated time of repair (ETR) is achieved.
•Maintains constant and accurate communications with Service Writers and the Lead Uptime Technician.
• Assists the Lead Uptime Technician whenever necessary to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Minimizes customer wait time on new truck arrivals.
• Works closely with the Lead Uptime Technician during the quality control process of all repairs in order to minimize Reworks, Comebacks, and any customer dissatisfaction with Nextran products and/or services.
• Challenges technicians with assigned work.
• Directly supervises technician Trainees.
• Provides technical support to technicians and management.
• Follows Customer Contact and Communication Policy.
• Follows all Nextran policies and procedures, including “Nextran’s Pledge to Customers.”
• Other duties may be assigned at any time based on departmental needs.
The qualifications listed below are representative of preferred knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in heavy duty truck industry managing/ supervising technicians of Class 6, 7 and/or 8 trucks
• A valid CDL license (recommended)
• Minimum 2 year college degree or equivalent
• Ability to drive and climb into heavy-duty trucks; ability to squat, bend over, and lift components while performing truck repair
• Strong interpersonal and verbal skills in order to communicate with customers, technicians, shop foreman, service writer, and vendors in a professional manner.
• Computer proficiency
• Experience with Asist and/or Fusion software is a plus