Job Title: Service Manager
Reports To: General Manager
The Service Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all Service Department activities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Monitor performance vs. budget on a daily basis.
• Ensure a safe and clean working environment.
• Inspect and monitor warranty operation.
• Interact with appropriate manufacturer’s personnel to ensure outstanding customer service and to ensure proper procedures are being followed by dealer personnel.
• Recruit, hire, develop and manage service department personnel. Ensure technicians are certified and necessary training classes are scheduled. Address complaints and resolve personnel issues in accordance with established Nextran policies.
• Conduct monthly technician meetings.
• Interface with customers as necessary to provide the best level of service available and resolve customer disputes.
• Ensure that proper procedures are being followed and correct policies are in place to meet customer and company needs.
• Monitor (daily) all open R.O. status to ensure that all finished repair orders are posted and closed within 72 hours of completion.
• Ensure that Service Dispatch is being utilized to the fullest.
• Monitor and maintain efficiency and productivity goals.
The qualifications listed below are representative of preferred knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum seven years heavy duty truck mechanical experience
• Three to five years of supervisory experience
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary for communicating with customers, management, employees and vendors
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to understand financial information as it pertains to dealership operations
• High School Diploma – College or Technical training preferred but not mandatory
• Valid CDL license
Essential duties and related qualifications may be changed as needed to meet the changing demands of the organization.
Nextran Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.